Saintek’s new screw press technology is the latest development in our search for excellence in best available technology. It has produced significant improvements in performance and energy efficiency. Energy savings of up to 80% are achievable versus comparable systems, such as belt press and centrifuge based technologies. The new Screw Press has successfully dewatered sludge with dry solids content, as low as 0.2% DS.
The capacity of the screw press is dependant upon the total solids content and dewatering characteristics of the sludge type being processed. In all cases, a thickened dried cake of no-flow quality will be produced, with a total solids content ranging from 12% to 42%. The screw press can dewater from 0.5m3/hr to 20m3/hr with a solids recovery of 98%. The unit can be attached to our sludge dryers, as part of an integrated fully-cycle process solution.
The following product performance targets have been demonstrated in live operation:
- Built-in self cleaning system, no continuous water is used to clean the Screw press
- System can handle oily/greasy sludges
- Fully automated
- On line dewatering from low sludge concentration’s.
- Low energy consumption
- Simple to operate
- Low maintenance
The product is designed to meet requirements for the following deployment scenarios and industry solutions:
Volumes between 0.5m3/hr. to 20m3/hr
are feasible with appropriate sizing of assemble units.
- The Screw Press can be used for the dewatering of biological sludge’s, DAF sludge’s Digested sludge’s, food production sludge’s, mixed sludge’s aeration tanks.
- Designed for the following types of applications: Food, Brewing, Dairy, Meat, Poultry, Paper, Pharmaceutical, Petrochemical, Public Water Utilities and others.